About Online SenseWe care about our community
OnlineSense.org is, first and foremost, a public awareness initiative. It aims to educate and engage with parents, teachers, and students about e-safety. We do this by informing you on what’s happening in the online world and providing up-to-date internet safety tips for how to promote safety online.
Ultimately, this is an internet safety platform for the GCC region (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman). It is the first of its kind to create e-safety tips in both English and Arabic.
Who Is ICDL Arabia?
ICDL Arabia is a vendor-neutral, not-for-profit organization dedicated to raising digital competence standards in the workforce and society as a whole.
Initially funded by the European Union Commission in support of its Member States and later adopted by UNESCO (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation) for Arab States, the International Computer Driving Licence (ICDL) certification program validates skills through structured training and testing on the latest ICT proficiencies.
ICDL is delivered through a network of more than 24,000 accredited centers across 150 countries in 41 languages to 14 million candidates worldwide. It enables individuals as well as organisations to assess, build and certify their competence in the use of computers and digital tools to the globally-recognized ICDL standard.
What Else Does Online Sense Do?
- Cyber Safety Info Sessions for youth, parents and teachers in schools. (Book a session with us by filling out this form.)
- Cyber safety reports published and shared by government entities and educational authorities in the MENA region. (Download your copy here.)
- Educational and awareness resources for youth, parents and teachers.
- Assessment tests for youth, parents and teachers to evaluate how safe they are online.
- Giveaways for youth to encourage them to learn more about cyber safety and say no to cyber bullying.