YouTube is a great social media platform with a lot of great videos. However, because anyone can upload videos (and comment on them), you may come across something hateful or abusive. Thankfully, you can report videos and abusive comments to let YouTube know that something’s wrong.
Let’s go over how you can report videos and how to report comments on YouTube… step by step.
How to Report Videos on YouTube
1. Click the “⚫⚫⚫ More” option next to the Share button underneath the name of the video’s creator.
2. Select ‘Report’ from the drop-down menu.
3. Choose one of the following options below. (Select the ‘Hateful or abusive content’ option if it’s a video made by a cyberbully.
4. Select ‘Bullying’ from the drop-down menu.
5. Provide additional details about the video you report. As seen below, YouTube allows you to add comments about a specific part of the video. This allows you to add context that people might not understand.
6. Click ‘Submit.’ You will get a confirmation.
How to Report an Abusive YouTube Comment
1. Click the three vertical dots by the comment you want to report.
2. Select “Report spam or abuse.”
3. Select an option. (The ‘cyberbullying’ option is highlighted below.)
4. Press the ‘Report Bully’ button. (Notice that YouTube suggests to contact local authorities if you or someone you know is in danger. You can also visit Google +’s Safety Center for more resources.)
If reporting a video or a comment doesn’t help stop the bullying, there is a protection center you can call who can help walk you through what to do, as well. Find your Middle Eastern country in this list.