Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc. that lets users make payments using an iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac.
You will be excited to know that you can use this futuristic payment app if you have cards from any of these six banks – Mashreq, Emirates NBD, Emirates Islamic, RAK Bank, HSBC, or Standard Chartered – and possess an iPhone 6 or a higher version.
Here’s a guide published in Gulf News, which should help you get started:
Setting up Apple Pay in the UAE
- Open up the Wallet app on your iPhone or go to Settings and then “Wallet & Apple Pay”
You will be prompted to add a card. Add in your card’s details, and your code and your card is set up. It’s as easy as that. If you have a card stored in your Apple account for iTunes purchases – then you are prompted to either continue with that card – or set up a new one
Certify your team in cybersecurity before your company is hit by a cyberattack
Once you add in your details your card will be verified through your bank. Once that’s done – you can Apple Pay away!
- You can then choose which settings you prefer, for example: allowing access when locked where you can pull you your cards and passes as soon as you double-click the home button
- You can also scan in boarding passes, movie tickets, coupons and reward cards.to save it in your wallet
Paying with Apple Pay
- There’s just one step here: When you make a purchase, hold your phone near the retailer’s contactless payment terminal. Your iPhone will request you to confirm your purchase by using either Touch ID or your Passcode. After that, the payment is complete
What you need to use Apple Pay
- iPhone 6 or later with iOS 11 or later or
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 with iOS 11 or later or
- Mac introduced in or after 2012 running macOS Sierra or later and Touch ID on MacBook Pro Touch Bar or
- Apple Watch
- UAE as your selected region
- iCloud account
- Cards from Mashreq, Emirates NBD, Emirates Islamic, HSBC, Standard Chartered, or RAKBANK
Where you can use Apple Pay in the UAE
- These locations are accepting Apple Pay at launch: Apple Store, Virgin Megastore, Caffe Nero, Marks & Spencers, Sharaf DG and Home Centre among others.