YouTube is a great social media platform with a lot of great videos. However, because anyone can upload videos (and comment on them), you may come across something hateful or abusive. Thankfully, you can report videos and abusive comments to let YouTube know that something’s wrong.
Let’s go over how you can report videos and how to report comments on YouTube… step by step.
How to Report Videos on YouTube
1. Click the “⚫⚫⚫ More” option next to the Share button underneath the name of the video’s creator.
2. Select ‘Report’ from the drop-down menu.
3. Choose one of the following options below. (Select the ‘Hateful or abusive content’ option if it’s a video made by a cyberbully.
4. Select ‘Bullying’ from the drop-down menu.
5. Provide additional details about the video you report. As seen below, YouTube allows you to add comments about a specific part of the video. This allows you to add context that people might not understand.
6. Click ‘Submit.’ You will get a confirmation.
How to Report an Abusive YouTube Comment
1. Click the three vertical dots by the comment you want to report.
2. Select “Report spam or abuse.”
3. Select an option. (The ‘cyberbullying’ option is highlighted below.)
4. Press the ‘Report Bully’ button. (Notice that YouTube suggests to contact local authorities if you or someone you know is in danger. You can also visit Google +’s Safety Center for more resources.)
If reporting a video or a comment doesn’t help stop the bullying, there is a protection center you can call who can help walk you through what to do, as well. Find your Middle Eastern country in this list.
Hi! I just want to find out about my videos that are being used by other people whom I don’t know and didn’t give them permission either. So what must I do because they are gaining more viewers and subscriptions with my videos.
Are you using YouTube’s YouTube contentID system? https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797370?hl=en
I want to report an offensive comment made in response to a YouTube video that I posted. However, because I hid the comment I now don’t seem to have the option to report it.
Hi, I reported few comments on YouTube video, but nothing happened. I don’t understand why YouTube let people to call names, insults, swearing on people without any reason. Is really disturbing. Should be different rules or block inappropriate messages
Slanderous comments are hard to remove on YouTube. The person that does the slandering should have their YouTube account terminated. YouTube should make it so that there is immediate action taken when a complaint or a report is made by someone. Abusive comments, like racism, misogyny and death threats are also never dealt with. YouTube needs to be more diligent and deal with these issues. No more excuses. It is not free speech either. It crosses ethical, moral and legal boundaries. Again, those doing these things must have their YouTube accounts suspended for good.
i AT THIS MOMENT HAVE ABOUT 5 WOMEN MAKING MORE THAN ONE VIDEO ON ME DAILY THAT IS SO DISGUSTING, IDK WHAT TO DO. MY OWN POLICE DEPT WON’T HELP ME, HOWEVER, SHE WAS ABLE TO CALL HER AND GET ME FALSELY ARRESTED. IT’S A SMALL GROUP, AND THEY GET THEIR WHOLE CHAT ROOMS TO COME AFTER ME, THEY ARE ALL IN DIFFERENT STATES, AND IDK WHAT ELSE TO DO, I HAVE REPORTED THE VIDEO, NOTHING HAPPENS. i JUST GOT MONETIZED NOW THEY ARE CYBERSTALKING ME, AND USING YOU TUBE VIDEOS GOOGLE EARTHING MY HOME, DOXXING MY ENTIRE FAMILY, YOU TUBE DOES NOTHING
So much unchecked hate speech on YouTube. It’s disgusting.
There is no point in making a helpful truthful comment on a video. when it is followed by insulting sarcastic comments from brainless trolls like , “Humble Wonder” on tooth regeneration video.