Are you looking for some inspirational quotes on cyberbullying, or bullying in general? Do you know someone who could use a few uplifting anti-bullying quotes?
Look through this list of quotes and see if one of them can encourage you.
We’ve divided the quotes into different sections:
1. Quotes about cyberbullying
2. Quotes for bystanders (standing up for bullying victims)
3. Quotes about why you shouldn’t bully
4. Quotes about how things will get better eventually
5. Quotes about why bullying happens and how we can prevent it
6. Quotes about standing up to bullies
Quotes about Cyberbullying
1. “If you’re insulting people on the Internet, you must be ugly on the inside.”
2. “Cyber bullying is bullying. Hiding behind a pretty screen doesn’t make it any less hateful.”
3. “Unless and until our society recognizes cyber bullying for what it is, the suffering of thousands of silent victims will continue.”
4. “Cyber bullies can hide behind a mask of anonymity online and do not need direct physical access to their victims to do unimaginable harm.”
5. “Not all forms of abuse leave bruises.”
Inspirational Quotes for Bystanders of Bullying (Stand Up for Others)
6. “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who look on and do nothing.”
8. “It is our choices…that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
10. “For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
12. “Knowing what’s right doesn’t mean much unless you do what’s right.”
13. “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse, and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.”
14. “The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.”
15. “No one heals himself by wounding another.”
16. “Bystanders who do nothing give bullies permission inadvertently to go one being bullies. Most are afraid they’ll lose friends or be bullied themselves if they help victims or report bullies, and some feel guilty for years afterward.”
17. “School administrators can’t say it’s up to the parents. Parents can’t say it’s up to the teachers. Teachers can’t say it’s not their job. And kids can’t say, “I was too afraid to tell.” Every single one of us has to play our role if we’re serious about putting an end to the madness. We are all responsible. We must be.” – Megan Kelley Hall (author)
Quotes about Why You Shouldn’t Bully
18. “What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?”
20. “I would rather be a little nobody than to be an evil somebody.”
Amanda Todd (the girl in the photo above) committed suicide as a result of cyberbullying. Learn about her story here.
22. “People say sticks and stones may break your bones, but names can never hurt you, but that’s not true. Words can hurt. They hurt me. Things were said to me that I still haven’t forgotten.” –Demi Lovato
24. “My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.”
26. “Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.”
28. “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.”
30. “Never do a wrong thing to make a friend – or keep one.”
33. “People try to say suicide is the most cowardly act a man could ever commit. I don’t think that’s true at all. What’s cowardly is treating a man so badly that he wants to commit suicide.”
Inspirational Quotes for the Victims of Bullying (It Gets Better)
37. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
38. “I got made fun of constantly in high school. That’s what built my character. That’s what makes you who you are. When you get made fun of, when people point out your weakness, that’s just another opportunity for you to rise above.” –Zac Efron
39. “When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.” –Chris Colfer
41. “Go ahead, bully me; but in 30 years, the only thing people will remember is that I am your boss.”
42. “Often the right path is the one that may be hardest for you to follow. But the hard path is also the one that will make you grow as a human being.”
43. “[One who picks on you because he’s bigger than you] is like most big bullies: if you can stay away and make him miss for a few rounds he’ll get frustrated. Once you strip away that feeling of invincibility, he can be had.” – Rocky Marciano
Philosophical Quotes about Bullying
44. “Life is a fight, but not everyone’s a fighter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species.”
45. “With ignorance comes fear – from fear comes bigotry. Education is the key to acceptance.”
47. “The common mistake that bullies make is assuming that because someone is nice that he or she is weak. Those traits have nothing to do with each other. In fact, it takes considerable strength and character to be a good person.”
49. “When you hold people up for ridicule, you have to take responsibility when other people act on it.”
50. “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.”
52. “He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.”
53. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
55. “People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.”
56. “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: ‘The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that’s fair.’ In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.”
58. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.”
59. ”We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
61. “A young outcast will often feel there is something wrong with himself, but as he gets older, grows more confident in who he is, he will adapt, he will begin to feel that there is something wrong with everyone else.”
63. “People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.”
65. “The coconut is a symbol of resilience. Even in the conditions where there’s very little nourishment and even less nurturance, it flourishes, growing taller than most of the plants around it. (Be a coconut).”
66. “If bullies actually believe that somebody loves them and believes in them, they will love themselves, they will become better people, and many will then become saviors to the bullied.”
Quotes about Bullying: Stand Up for Yourself
67. “Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever. It poisons you. But only if you let it.”
69. “My self-worth is not linked to your cruel words and action. My self-esteem is not affected by your deliberate attempts to destroy my character. You have no power over me. You will not silence me.”
71. “One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.”
73. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
75. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
77. “A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth, to say no. That’s where toughness comes into play. Toughness is not being a bully. It’s having backbone.”
79. He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.”
80. “Remember always that you not only have the right be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.”
81. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something sometime in your life.”
82. “If there are no heroes to save you, then you be the hero.”
84. “The bullying stopped when I claimed myself and proved that I wasn’t afraid. A lot of it was when I was hiding when I was younger.”
85. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create that fact.”
87. “If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” – Taylor Swift
“Those who judge will never understand, and those who understand will never judge”
Thanks for the comment, Rich. 🙂
that’s true nice one rich those who judge will never understand-
that’s so true. I get where your coming from. I think it should stop too.
I get bullied a lot! They just won’t stop what should I do?
You need to let an adult know, ask for help, at school or at home. Stand up for yourself. And of course pray to God for giddiness .
Tell them to stop! If they’re bullying you, either stand up to them and be BRAVE and STRONG, or tell someone and boy will they regret bullying YOU!!!! But if that doesn’t work maybe you should have a really serious chat with someone about it. The more it happens the worse it is! Don’t let them ruin who you are!
For a start I have been bullied at school and as an adult you are very strong for talking about it now you must tell your family that makes you even stronger they are bullies and always will be
Tell some one, wait, tell every one!!! and I mean even people that you say only “Hi” to…. tell every one
Reach out to a trusted teacher or your parents no one deserves to be bullied!
yes that true nice one tracy
Be happy and ignore them. They are just insecure of themselves and jealous of your talent.
Lucy be a fighter stand up to them you are brave and you know it maybe you can talk with your school counsellor if you’re not comfortable talking to your parents
A girl in high school was getting bullied and I stood up for her, she was my Matron of Honor at my wedding and we have been BFF’s ever since! I hope someone will stand up for you but if they don’t find another person or person’s they are bullying (they never just bully one person) and be a united front. It’s easier to stand up in a group against a bully. If you can’t find anyone go to an older sibling, parent, teacher, janitor, policeman, or anyone who will help and if the first person doesn’t help go to the next until someone helps you! Don’t give up, it’s not you who has the problem it’s them!
tell an adult.
Act like the bully is not hurting u and he will hopefully stop.
Lucy, I’m sorry that this is happening to you. Learn to listen to your own voice, not that of your bullies. Aim to be strong. Read something positive each day, see the worth of your good actions. When your bullies taunt you, turn the tables on them and say to them that you forgive them. They won’t know where to go with that one! Think about Christ and how he was bullied. He never backed away and sacrificed so much for all of us. This is a very empowering thought and one to live by. Search for empowerment not defeat. Congratulations for reaching out for solutions. I have a feeling that you will find your way and live your life as a strong and inspirational woman. Go girl!
i get bullied alot to but i say that im stronger than you and you cant drag me down so you should stop because you are only wasting your time on bulling me and now i only get bullied sometimes. you are the strongest person i have ever met to stand up to a bullie like that my best friend sav once said. dont let the bullies bring you down because that will only make thhings worse say what i said
Talk to them
I could not resist commenting. Well written!
Thank you very much!
I know I suddenly stopped crying, and started smiling! They’re so good even if someone has upset you a little bit
“Life is a fight, but not everybody is a fighter, because if they were bullies would be an endangered species”
actually that last isn’t that true, maybe if it was life is a fight, but not everyone is a fighter that part makes sense. think about it
So true! Bullies don’t realise they’re the weak ones!
Bullies can be bullies don’t change your life for them
Thank you for your inspiration ..My sisters have bullied me for years…
When she stood, she stood tall, she will make a fool of you all
Thanks for your words,
I have been bullied for years
You are most welcome.
I don’t know what to do with my cousin he always bully me.. that i have a flat nose.. i know it’s true… but its still hurts… i hope one day he realized how hos words hurts me…
Let your parents know and how it make you feel. Pray to God for a solution.
I know EXACTLY what that feels like! I have a mono brow and it’s SO EMBARASING! I told my parents about it and they looked really surprised that someone would do that! DEFINITELY tell someone close to you (ideally a member of family)
its called teezing and its harmless joking from a family member u dont take it seriously
I hate when people Bully me I hate that it hurt me very Much
just keep going and tell your care givers
I hate when People Bully me all the time I was bully in school
How u you say it is harmless, a bunch of bull, it can damage a person mentally
i’ve been bullied by my so called best friend since 2nd grade. i’ve been too scared to stand up to her since it’s started. and other people follow her in bullying me since i’m diabetic, kinda slow and have weirdly shaped feet. but what helped me was the quote from taylor swift at the bottom of this page. and i have something to add from the Greatest Showman, “I am brave. I am bruised. I am who i’m meant to be. This is me!”
Thank you for this quotes ! God will help the youths to handle with this problems. All the best !
So inspirational ?
“stop wreaking your life you might be able to do better with it, so stop being a bully.”
it’s gone on long enough stop it before it get violent or worse.
Those who bully did not have zero IQ Bt they choose to make their IQ zero.
Lol so true!
life is like a puzzle if you dont try to fix it it will stay broken
“No matter who you are, you are special”
I am making a book for ELA.I hope it’s ok if I use your quotes in my book…
Education is the key to eliminating gender inequality, to reducing poverty, to creating a sustainable planet, to preventing needless deaths and illness, and to fostering peace.
I feel very strongly about all of these things. Partly because of education.
“Bullies cause depression, depression causes suicide, suicide is death, are you a murderer?”
I have never thought of it that way. Wow there are so many murderers them! That’s so bad!!!
Please check out my bully awareness page https://www.facebook.com/groups/bullyaware/?fref=mentions
Really want to but havnt got Facebook soz!
“If they don’t like you for being yourself, be yourself even more.” –Taylor Swift.
Think of yourself as the clever one who knows that if bullying gets you anywhere, it gets you down. You will be a bad person. Someone who people will fear, someone who thinks they have control over the world, and most of all………. someone like Voldemort! Wanna be like him? If not, BE NICE AND STOP BULLYING!!!!
I did this it works. I love Taylor btw!
Epic comment ??
On the outside bullies are tall but on the inside there so small
am a victem at work but I try to stay strong at all times.
I enjoyed visiting your webiste. I leave comments rarely, but
you definately up deserve a thumbs!
thanks for these this is so inspiring for us kids
Aim for the moon and even if you miss you’ll land among the stars
I was looking for some similar quotes, thanks for sharing with us
wow these quotes r sooooooo inspiring they mad me feel so GOOD!
these quotes make me feel so GOOD!
Soooooo true!!!…I’ve had people judging me, but they don’t see themselves before they judge others!!!
Why bully created? if we give a strong reaction on the spot, no bully will make. so be stronger and stay against a bully
“Dear Haters, I couldn’t help but tell you “Awesome” begins with “Me” and “Ugly” begins with “U” I LOVED this one…
Me too that was my favorite one of them all. But I also loved the hangman one. “Hangman is great. It teaches you that by saying the wrong thing you could also end someone’s life.” Loved them both
How about we concentrate on resilience instead of self indulgence. Kids tried to bully me when I was at school. I thought that was horrendous and just stood up to them because that was the spirit that was nurtured in my by my parents. I have used that spirit of resilience to get me through life. I am 59 and have learnt that life doesn’t get any easier. The challenges it presents will test our character and determination to push forward and to claim our place in this world. It is hard, so hard sometimes but you must remember that we are all here for a higher purposes, not to yield to the misguided taunts of ignorant people but to fight to good fight and fulfil our destiny. If you allow these cyberbullies etc to dictate the terms of your life, to allow them to give you permission to end your life, then you need to reset the way you think! Stop listening to the indulgent voices that keep you in a victim mentality and start projecting your own voice; a voice louder than that of your bully. You will drown them out. They are not worth the oxygen they expend. And if you put your faith in God and yourself rather than in your bully, you will see life for the miracle that it is!
hi, i am 69 (10 years older than you, in case you didn’t know). I have been bullied for my whole life by my “dear friend”, Jensen. I was glad that you have spoken up about this because it has given me the courage to speak up to him. Later that day he punched me in the face (bear in mind i am a weak female). I now have a disfigured face and will have surgery next week to fix the damage. I used to have a BIG crush on him and now he has done this to me. This has scarred me emotionally for my whole life. I feel that i will turn to my good friend, feminism. It has helped me through tough times before and i hope it can help me again. I find it awful how people can go through these hardships and do not have the guts to speak out about it. Please, stop spreading these messages, it didn’t help me out one bit and now i am injured very badly. Thank you for reading my story.
Awesome quotes! I like the funny ones the most?
Don’t change who you are because of what you or other people think, your beautiful the way you are.
Don’t change who you are. God made you the way you are for a reason.
Number 79 should come with a health warning. It says “Strong convictions precede great actions.”
Strong convictions often precede dumb actions. Look at Isis. KKK, Adolf Hitler…
i hope to believe my self after read this quotes. thanks,
I’ve been bullied at school for some time now. 6 years. At least I have a best friend (who I have developed a crush on) who has never left me all these years even though she gets bullied for being my friend. Just remember, those are the best types of people to have as friends; they stay by your side, no matter what it means.
You are amazing and if u are getting bullied stand up for yourself because you are strong and beautiful and different, you may think being different is a bad thing but no its a great thing be different let it shine. Let the bullies know you ain’t going to take any shit from them anymore